Do you enjoy and love our native natural habitat? Join Linda Rohleder, our Director of Land Stewardship and Coordinator, Lower Hudson Partnership for Regional Invasive Species Management, in the field and in the classroom and learn how you can help protect it. Check out these upcoming training and trail work opportunities where you can learn about and take action against invasive plants. Please help to get the word out, and sign up now.
Saturday May 17, Native Plant Identification workshop, Bear Mountain, http://www.nynjtc.org/workshop/native-plant-identification-isf-fundraiser. $30 / person, limited to 15 people. This is a fundraiser for our Invasives Strike Force program.
Invasives Strike Force Surveyor Trainings: Learn to identify and document the top invasive plants in our region.
- Sunday May 18 – Refresher for Returning Volunteers, Mahwah, NJ
- Saturday May 31 – Advanced (Phase 2) Plant ID, Englewood, NJ
- Sunday June 8 – Advanced (Phase 2) Plant ID, Mahwah, NJ
- Saturday June 21 – Invasives Strike Force Training (Phase 1), Ringwood, NJ
- Sunday June 22 – Invasives Strike Force Training (Phase 1), Ossining, NY
- Sunday, June 29 – Invasives Strike Force Training (Phase 1), Boonton, NJ
- Saturday July 12 – Invasives Strike Force Training (Phase 1), Stony Point, NY
- Sunday July 13 – Invasives Strike Force Training (Phase 1), Bedford Hills, NY
ISF Trail Crew Outings – Invasive species removal volunteer workdays
- Saturday May 3 – I Love My Park Day – FDR State Park, Yorktown Heights, NY invasive vine cutting. 10:00-2:00
- Saturday May 10 – Flat Rock Brook Nature Center, Englewood, NJ garlic mustard pull. 9:30-2:00.
- Sunday June 1 – Trail Conference Summer mtg – Ramapo County Reservation, Mahwah, NJ garlic mustard pull 9:30-11:00
- Saturday June 7 – National Trails Day with REI- Bear Mountain, NY barberry removal 9:00-12:00 and 1:00-3:00
- Saturday June 21 – Westchester Wilderness Walk, Pound Ridge, NY invasive shrub removal 9:30-2:00
- Friday-Sun June 27-29 – Worthington State Forest (Delaware Water Gap), NJ Volunteer weekend Come camp with us, volunteer a day, do your own thing another day.